Saturday, July 31, 2010

Putting The Spin On Fall

Happy Civic Holiday Weekend everyone! Three days of relaxation, conversation, laughter and knitting a few rows here and there. Yesterday evening, I was suddenly bitten by the Fall knitting bug. The temperature had dropped into the single digits and the calendar was glaring at me, daring me to turn the page one day early. Nothing conveys the feeling of Autumn more than warm woolly tweeds, and they are showing up early in the fashion pages, runways and on store shelves.
For a store sample I chose Tundra, a chunky mix of wool, alpaca and microfibre with that natural aroma of lanolin. Its a self-striping yarn with a tweedy twist of colour. The shades are somewhat masculine- dark green into navy and bronze, grey into charcoal and navy, teal into royal and indigo blue, black into cream and grey. For this project I chose the grey/blue mix below and am now well on my way now, working up the back of a vest pattern with a shawl collar. Its a simple K2/P2 pattern stitch. If all goes well this weekend, it should be finished in a few days and on display in the store.
Enjoy the weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment